Folding Window Systems for Expansive, Pass-Through Openings
Create an expansive addition to your design project with Kolbe folding windows, available in both the Ultra and Heritage Series of products. Folding windows are perfect for projects needing a pass-through type serving system, such as restaurants, kitchens, or other rooms that extend to the outdoors.
Folding windows can be produced in numerous configurations (see link below). With a maximum of 8 panels per side, units can offer up to 52' of unobstructed views.
Four basic operations available:
- Panels being folded all to one side
- Split and then folded on either side of the opening
- Floating configuration, allows panels to be put on either side of the opening
- Access sash panel configuration, intended to allow easy exit/entry
Folding window specifications:
- Minimum basic jamb is 6-9/16", with an option for 8-9/16"
- Panels are 1-3/4" thick, with an option for 2-1/4"*
- Recessed floor track sill for interior applications, or weep sill for exterior applications
- Stiles and top rails are 3" wide, with options for 4-5/8" or 6"*
- Bottom rails are 3" wide, with options for 4-5/8" or 6", 7-9/16" or 12-5/8"*
- Panel Width: Min. 23-3/4", Max. 39-3/8"
- Panel Height: Min. 36", Max. 72"
*measurements are nominal
Folding window options:
Two lock options for folding sash panels:
- Top and bottom flush bolts, or
- Concealed shoot bolt hardware
Two sill options:
- Recessed floor track sill for interior applications, or
- Weep sill for exterior applications
Other options similar to Ultra or Heritage Series products:
- Divided lites
- Hardware finishes
- Interior & exterior finishes & colors
- Interior pleated sliding screen is available