Recent Press Releases
Kolbe Shares Online Calculators, Architectural Tools
Drawings, Calculators, Webinars, Tutorial Videos & More
Wausau, Wis. (April 2011) – Assisting with architectural calculations, Kolbe's online Architect Library features tools to assist with anchorage installation and wind pressure requirements.
Kolbe's WindFacts <http://www.kolbe-kolbe.com/media/documents/WindFacts.xls> downloadable workbook provides basic background information about wind speed and wind pressures. Created for design professionals, this calculation tool helps determine required wind pressures of Kolbe wood and vinyl windows and doors.
The downloadable Installation Anchor Calculator <http://www.kolbe-kolbe.com/media/installMaintain/inst-Anchorcalc_06081.xls> helps calculate the number of installation anchors and clips needed to install Kolbe products.
In addition to these calculation tools, Kolbe's online Architect Library <http://www.kolbe-kolbe.com/architectLibrary/index.cfm> also presents a convenient, online destination to access:
- A searchable database of 2-D and 3-D drawings, CSI specifications, dimension calculations and size limitations, and emergency escape and rescue/clear opening dimensions;
- A searchable database of products’ energy performance for windows and doors' U-Value, Solar Heat Gain Coefficient, Visible Transmission and Condensation Resistance information that have gone through the National Fenestration Rating Council testing process, and identified for ENERGY STAR® guidelines in U.S. and Canada;
- A summary of 2011 tax credits for energy efficient windows and doors with links to additional details;
- Downloadable manuals for acoustic performance and for air, water, structural test reports;
- Links and connections to ratings organizations, industry associations, as well as Kolbe's e-newsletter, Facebook Fan Page, webinars, video tutorials, American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System courses and green and sustainability resources.
To learn more, please visit Kolbe’s Architect Library at www.kolbe-kolbe.com.
What began in 1946 as a two-brother team has grown into an internationally respected manufacturing company. Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co, Inc. remains a privately held, community-oriented business located in Wausau, Wis. Covering nearly one million-square-feet, its state-of-the-art facilities feature high-tech machinery and a design center to present the creative possibilities offered by Kolbe windows and doors.
|Downloads for this news item|
|To download high res photo for commercial printing, click & select Save. ZIP file includes high resolution JPG photo, article (DOC or DOCX), and the Kolbe brand logo as a vector EPS file.|